Building Commissioning / Automated Controls Technician
New York, NY, USA
Setty is an award-winning multi-disciplinary engineering firm that designs high-performance buildings. We are renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of Building Design and environmental best practice. Work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
You will be working with a talented team of technicians and engineers with very similar backgrounds. Our company provides services which are uncommon in our industry, however in high demand. This is not a position for an MEP-type desk engineer. You should have some experience in several different disciplines, and have an understanding of Building Automation.
- Cx plan reviews.
- Perform site observations.
- TAB verification and functional performance testing procedures.
- Performs quality assurance on project sites including monitoring of the implementation of designs.
- Offer input for saving energy as part of SETTY’s core mission.
- Provide lead role in small to mid-size projects and/or leading a component(s) of the Cx process on a large project.
- Proficient in reading/understanding HVAC mechanical plans/specifications.
- Have a basic understanding of a variety of HVAC systems.
- Have experience in identifying and clearly documenting design/construction conflicts with other trades.
- Identify and clearly document mechanical construction deficiencies and derive recommended solutions from past experiences.
- TAB verification and carrying out assignments from conception to completion.
- Design/installation/programming/troubleshooting of building automation temperature control systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Certification(s) from relevant organizations, such as ACG, AABC, AEE, NEBB, etc. are preferred.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the fundamental mechanical engineering principles as they relate to HVAC systems.
- Specialized knowledge of one or more of the following areas: HVAC design (must have performed load calculations using the Carrier HAP program, Trane TRACE or similar software programs); building automation systems (installation of components and sequences of operations); testing and balancing procedures in accordance with NEBB TAB Procedural Standards.