Salinas, CA, USA
Ready to fight the fight against climate change? Setty is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering firm focused on designs for high-performance buildings. We are renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy, and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of building design and environmental best practices. Join us and work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
- This role calls for an energetic and highly motivated Construction Administrator capable of independently managing various phases of design and construction, from conceptual design through construction documents, conducting engineering reviews, developing cost estimates, providing engineering calculations, writing and reviewing specifications, and conducting construction site surveys and inspections.
- Building types are typically in the sectors of include healthcare, laboratory, and pharmaceutical projects.
- The Construction Administrator’s involvement in design review and management will not only address the constructability, but also the “general conditions” specifications that govern the Contractor’s delivery approach.
- Candidate should have extensive experience with client management and be proficient with managing project deliverable schedules, coordinating and conducting client meetings, and conveying client needs with internal design and production task.
- With close coordination with the Owner and the Design A/E, a clear understanding must be conveyed, specific to work schedules, phasing, noise/dust/odor control, equipment/material movement, storage, parking, access, security, coordination protocols, and required management meetings.
- Candidate should possess thorough knowledge of sustainable design and building practices, and have experience with designing or managing the construction of sustainably oriented buildings.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Management with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- 15 years plus experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Professional Constructor (CPC), Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or equivalent.
- Contract management experience with $75 to $100 million construction projects.
- AutoCAD proficient.
- Proficiency with project management software such as Procore, Spitfire, Primavera, ProLog or other equivalent.
- Knowledge of BIM including Revit, Navisworks or equivalent is desired but not a requirement.
- LEED accredited professional desired by not required.
- Experience working with US Government entities or agencies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills essential for team-based working and client communications.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.