Construction Administration, Field Assignment
Fairfax, VA, USA
Ready to fight the fight against climate change? Setty is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that designs high-performance buildings. We are renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of building design and environmental best practices. Join us and work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
- This dynamic role calls for an energetic and highly motivated Construction Administrator capable of independently managing construction administration, including document control, interfacing with Setty’s home office engineering personnel, attending construction meetings, performing construction site surveys and field observation of inspections by others.
- Position is a full time field assignment for a healthcare laboratory project.
- Typical duties include addressing constructability and good building practice that govern the contractor’s delivery approach for installation, assisting contractor resolve field questions, work with Setty Engineers in answering field generated RFIs, conveying solutions to field problems in concert with design intent.
- Candidate should also have extensive experience with coordination between the field construction and the Design A/E Team, should possess good knowledge of sustainable design and building practices, and have experience with sustainable oriented buildings.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Management with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- 15 years plus experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Professional Constructor (CPC), Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of BIM including Revit as a tool is desired but not a requirement.
- LEED accredited professional desired by not required.
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working and client communication.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.