Plumbing Engineer / Designer
Washington, DC / Fairfax, VA, USA
Ready to fight the fight against climate change? SETTY is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that designs high-performance buildings. We are the unsung heroes fighting against global warming and we renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of building design and environmental best practices. Join us and work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
- This dynamic role calls for an energetic and highly motivated Plumbing Designer/Engineer capable of independently performing various phases of design, including conceptual design to construction documents, engineering calculations, HVAC load calculations, HVAC system sizing & selection, specifications, and construction observations / support for federal, healthcare, laboratory, and pharmaceutical projects.
- He or she will also respond to all RFI’s, review shop drawings, code review and analysis, conduct field visits, and develop punch lists for project closeouts.
- He or she will have excellent verbal & written communication skills, and serve as a representative of the firm both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Must have 0-4 years of experience.
- AutoCAD and REVIT proficient.
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.