Substation Designer / Senior Designer
Hicksville, NY, USA
Ready to fight the fight against climate change? SETTY is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that designs high-performance buildings. We are the unsung heroes fighting against global warming and we renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of building design and environmental best practices. Join us and work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
The Substation Designer/Senior Designer’s responsibility is to develop and issue design and construction drawings and material requisitions for Substation projects. This work includes design of new substations, modifications and expansion of existing substations, and replacement of existing substation equipment.
- Develop detailed equipment layout and elevation drawings from conceptual site plan drawings and project one-line diagrams.
- Develop/revise all drawings associated with substation grounding, cable and conduit schedules/plans, AC/DC supply & control power.
- Incorporate vendor drawings into the construction package and into the Company’s document management system.
- Prepare material requisitions within SAP.
- Participate in project conceptualization meetings to discuss specific projects with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance and Project Management Departments.
- Participate in pre-design field walk-downs with the operating, maintenance and constructing organizations.
- Meet and work with field forces to discuss and review proposed designs in the engineering and design phase and to resolve design issues during the construction phase of a project.
- Complete incorporation of field as built documentation for historical drawing documentation.
- Minimum of five year's experience in design and drafting of electrical substation physical drawings.
- Two years of technical college are desirable.
- The candidate must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of substation equipment is desirable.
- Inter personal skills are also required.