NEW YORK, NY
The Junior Electrical Engineer will design power systems under the direction of the Senior Engineer for various building types such as Educational, Healthcare, commercial, and Hospitality projects, public and private.
- Collaboration in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawings and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Design and select luminaires and lighting controls systems.
- Develop Performance Specification and layouts for fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems.
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions.
- Perform construction administration, including conducting field inspections and subsequent inspection reports and answering RFIs.
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering with 1 to 3 years’ experience in an MEP firm.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Time management skills.
- LEED AP.
- Electrical, EIT.
- Experience with sustainable design.
- Working knowledge of Navis Works and SKM software.
- US Citizenship is required due to federal contract regulations.