NEW YORK, NY
The Junior Electrical Engineer will design power systems under the direction of the Senior Engineer for various building types such as Educational, Healthcare, commercial, and Hospitality projects, public and private.
- Collaboration in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawings and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Design and select luminaires and lighting controls systems.
- Develop Performance Specification and layouts for fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems.
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions.
- Perform construction administration, including conducting field inspections and subsequent inspection reports and answering RFIs.
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering with 1 to 3 years’ experience in an MEP firm.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Time management skills.
- LEED AP.
- Electrical, EIT.
- Experience with sustainable design.
- Working knowledge of Navis Works and SKM software.
- US Citizenship is required due to federal contract regulations.
We are seeking a highly qualified Electrical Engineer to work in our MEP Engineering Division for our Baltimore office.
- Responsibilities will include design of a wide range of projects including laboratories, Hospitals, commercial, institutional, education buildings and transportation facilities.
- Candidate shall have at least a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and interest in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction industry.
- Designing systems including; controls, switch gear, lighting, power systems, emergency power systems and other special systems.
- Other responsibilities include preparation of CAD and REVIT drawings, system design calculations, equipment selections, technical specifications, design reports, and design narratives.
- Candidate may be required to coordinate work with the client and engineers of other disciplines, attend meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues.
- Experience in incorporating sustainable (LEED) design methods in buildings a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- 0-2 years experience.
- AutoCAD proficient.
- Knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Cover Letter & Resume.
- Return Contact Information.